12.11.07

These last two are from a dream I had a little while back. This image was in the dream, although on a much larger scale, with enormous detail in layer and depth. I stood viewing the drawing with a friend; at which point I asked who had made the image. He replied that I had been the creator, some time ago. Apparently, I’d forgotten.

Often I’ll dream of images in this way. At times, they are “my” drawings…and at other times, they will be the works of “others”, which I’ll find myself in complete fascination of. Upon waking, I’m left feeling “I wish I’d painted that one…till I realize these images belong to me…so to speak.

I make point of putting these images on paper in the days following the dream. Many of the drawings on this blog are the outpouring of these nocturnal games.


“Dreams pass into the reality of action. From the actions stems the dream again; and this interdependence produces the highest form of living. “

Anais Nin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey hey j,
nice one on the web 2.0...
and i like the blog thus far,
this image reminds me of my day to
day activ-i-ties= floating along pathways of wind
into the bellies of university buildings, cloned hotels, dungeon theaters, the claustrophobic sauna at the local ymca, etc...
even the title suggests my inbetween worlds, slight scattering errands and eatings...
enforced mealtime breaks, 15 minutes. i dig the image. sigh...
would that warhol was right and those 15 mins came every union break for me, i'd be famous x infinty ;) 'cept i'd have little to say, as i'd be busy tending to my reversible feed tubes. will check you later, all the best, and keep up the quality work! benjamin.